Acknowledgement of country
Sneaker of the Year acknowledges the Traditional Owners of this land and we pay our respects to Elders past and present.
Terms and Conditions
The Weekly Drop: Sneaker of the Year
Promotion name The Weekly Drop: Sneaker of the Year
Promotion period Thursday 25th November – Monday 13th December, 2021
Promoter The Weekly Drop via Archetype Media Pty Ltd, 19–21 Johnston St Collingwood, 3066
Eligible entrants Entry to the Promotion is open to Australian residents in all eligible states/territories who fulfill the method of entry requirements and are 18 years of age or older.
Details of prizes The major prize for the promotion are two eBay Sneakers vouchers, each valued at $5,000 AUD that will be awarded to one winner. The total major prize value is $10,000 AUD. This will be subject to eBay’s gift card terms and conditions.
The runner up prizes will be:
- 5 x pairs of Sneakers provided by eBay, total prize value is $1,500 AUD.
- 25 x Crep Protect Ultimate Shoe Care packs, total prize value is $2,000 AUD.
The winners will be selected based on meeting the entry requirements for the Sneaker of the Year voting mechanic. The Promoter takes no responsibility if a prize winner’s contact details are incorrect or incomplete and/or a prize winner cannot be contacted. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s address on Monday December the 13th at 10am AEDT.
No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash or any other service provided by The Promoter. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
Total number of prizes 1 major prize, 30 runner up prizes
Method of entry To enter, an entrant must, during the promotional period submit the entrant’s name, email address and submit their entry via the Sneaker of the Year voting mechanic. Details for voting mechanic are:
- All entrants register and vote for their Sneaker Of The Year, Brand Of The Year, Collaborator Of The Year nominations.
- After casting their votes, users are taken to a fourth option in which they are required to utilise their understanding of the 2021 sneaker market in order to enter their nomination for what they think will win the three categories.
- When voting is closed and the Sneaker Of The Year, Brand Of The Year, Collaborator Of The Year are confirmed, we will look to the user entries and find a winner who correctly nominated all three category winners.
- In the event that more than one person nominates the three winners correctly, the winner will be decided based on the time and date of their entry – the first to submit a correct entry wins.
- Runners-up will be decided in the same way.
- In the event that nobody nominates the three winners correctly, the winner will be the first (based on time/date of entry) user who submitted an entry and correctly nominated two out of the three categories.
- Runners-up will be the next entrants (based on time/date of entry) to correctly nominate two out of three categories.
- In the event that nobody nominates two out of three winners correctly, the winner will be the first (based on time/date of entry) user who submitted an entry and correctly nominated one out of the three categories.
- Runners-up will be the next entrants (based on time/date of entry) to correctly nominate one out of three categories
The entry page, as well as collecting information from each entrant, will contain a link to the competition terms and conditions and an acknowledgement to be checked by the entrant indicating their consent to be added to The Weekly Drop’ database.
The prize will be drawn on Monday December the 13th at 10am AEDT.
Maximum number of entries 1 per person
Prize Awarding Winners must respond to the promoter’s notification message and provide prize delivery details in order to claim their prize. Each prize must be claimed by 5pm AEDT Monday 20th December. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited by the winner and will not be awarded to another winner. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same or similar conditions or select another winner.
Notification of winners Winners will be notified via email no later than Wednesday, 15th December, 2021.
Permit reference Game of skill—no permits required.
- Prizes presented by eBay. eBay is not the promoter of this competition
- Authenticity Guarantee badge subject to eligibility and Authenticity Guarantee T&Cs as shown on the eBay.com.au website